Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Adventures in PR: B2B Relations


 The expression that encompasses the concept of B2B relations the most, in my opinion, is “the facilitation of mutually beneficial relationships.”

As chapter 9 stated, there is not one single conclusive definition for business to business (B2B) relations.  In my opinion, this is because B2B relations encompasses so many different facets of communication. In my own experiences as the Communications Director for Black Horse Fine Art Supply in Burlington, VT, I can see how so many responsibilities can meld together. 

Not only do I facilitate communication between the business and its clients, but also between merchandise distributors, potential customers, social media platforms and so on. I am simultaneously incorporating PR, marketing and advertising, social media, as well as web and graphic design to help promote the business as a whole.

These efforts all come together to help accomplish the main goals of B2B relations: to drive sales and acquire new customers.  I predict that B2B relations will continue to grow and expand to fit in with the constantly evolving economic, social and technological landscape we inhabit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment